- Understanding the Need for ISA Server 2006
- Detailing the Additional Advantages of ISA Server
- Understanding the History of ISA Server 2006
- Exploring ISA Server 2006's New Features
- Detailing Deployment Strategies with ISA Server 2006
- Augmenting an Existing Security Environment with ISA Server 2006
- Administering and Maintaining an ISA Server 2006 Environment
- Using ISA Server 2006 to Secure Applications
- Best Practices
The growth of Microsoft's Internet Security and Acceleration Server has corresponded with the increase in the types and quantities of threats faced by organizations on the Internet today. Fortunately for these organizations, the capabilities of ISA Server 2006 are many, and it has found a place in their security topology as a firewall, caching server, VPN device, reverse-proxy machine, RPC filter, and more.
ISA Server 2006's simple and eloquent design sits on top of a complex and capable security platform, capable of advanced Application-layer packet inspection, complex firewall rules, and multiple network support. Before deploying ISA, it is important to understand the specifics of what it can do and how to configure it. Consequently, the subsequent chapters of this book present detailed descriptions of ISA's capabilities, as well as step-by-step deployment scenarios, best practices, and tips to help organizations make the most out of an ISA Server investment.