- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing File Icons
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Using the Dashboard
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Automatically Updating Your Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
Moving the Dock Around
Although the Dock normally lives at the bottom of your screen, it doesn’t have to stay there. If you prefer, you can put it on the left or right side of the screen instead. No matter which edge of the screen it’s on, the Dock works the same way and you can set its preferences to suit your tastes.
Choose Apple menu, Dock, Position on Left to move the Dock to the left edge of the screen.
Choose Apple menu, Dock, Position on Right to move the Dock to the right edge of the screen.