- 17 New Look and Functionality
- 18 Parental Controls
- 19 Windows Defender and Windows Firewall
- 20 Network and Sharing Center
- 21 Instant Search and Internet Explorer 7
- 22 Photo Gallery
- 23 Windows Aero and Windows Flip
- 24 Windows Mobility Center and Tablet PC Support
- 25 Windows Meeting Space
- 26 Windows SideShow
- 27 Windows Automatic Backup
- 28 Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore
- 29 Windows Media Center
- 30 Windows DVD Maker
- 31 Games
- 32 Windows Fax and Scan
- 33 Remote Desktop Connection
- 34 Shadow Copy
- 35 Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption
- 36 Language Packs
28 Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore
For Windows Vista Business and Ultimate edition users, Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore (shown in Figure 3.31) is included to help protect your system against accidental deletion and loss. Unlike Windows Automatic Backup (for lower Vista editions), Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore provides total backup capabilities. The system files and your applications can also be preserved with your personal files and documents.
Figure 3.31 Windows Complete PC Backup and Restore.
In addition to restoring your entire system in an event of a serious system issue, you can also apply the backup to another PC. This is convenient if you need to send your PC in for repair or you would just like to change PCs.
Here's how to access the Windows backup features:
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click the Backup and Restore Center icon.