- Executive Management Team
- Central Support Team (Proceeds to the EMT Headquarters)
- Affected Site Team (Proceeds to the Damaged or Affected Site)
- Determining the Need for Additional Teams
- Equipment Recovery Team (Proceeds to Affected Site)
- Equipment Installation Team Leader (Proceeds to Backup Site)
- Systems Software and Data Retrieval Team
- Additional Teams to Consider (Exercise!)
Affected Site Team (Proceeds to the Damaged or Affected Site)
The AST reports immediately to the damaged site to direct initial assessment activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Alert staff support department management.
- Obtain clearance to send personnel into the affected building. Remember, depending on the nature of the disaster, someone else might be in charge of your building—your own facilities department, a landlord, or the fire department. It is not automatic that you can go right in.
- Direct overall recovery operations at the affected facility, including
initial damage assessments to determine the extent of damage to the
Equipment rooms (computers, voice and data communications)
Data and magnetic media
- Determine salvageable status with vendors (for example, BMS Catastrophe or SERVPRO) that have been called in by the EMT or CST.
- Coordinate receipt of replacement equipment and material as ordered by the EMT and CST.
- Coordinate the installation and testing of said equipment.
- Maintain written documentation of changes and modifications.
- Accumulate daily written recovery status reports from the assigned subordinate team leaders; prepare an overall report and forward to the CST and EMT.