- What Is a Query and When Should You Use One?
- Opening a Query in Datasheet View
- Opening a Query in Design View
- Running a Query
- Adding and Removing Fields
- Modifying the Sort Order of a Query
- Working with Simple Criteria
- Modifying the Datasheet View of a Query
- Saving a Query
- Printing Query Results
- Closing a Query
Saving a Query
To save a query, you click the Save button on the toolbar. The Save As dialog box appears (see Figure 3.22). After you provide a name and click OK, Access saves the Structured Query Language (SQL) statement underlying the query. It does not save the result of the query.
The industry standard for naming queries is to prefix the name with qry.
Figure 3.22 The Save As dialog box.