- Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
- Tip #2: Save Your Favorite Videos
- Tip #3: Create a Video Playlist
- Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
- Tip #5: Watch YouTube Videos on Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
- Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
- Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
- Tip #9: Upload Videos from Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
When it comes to uploading videos to the YouTube site, many users upload video files they've recorded from a digital camcorder. But that's not the only type of video you can upload. Did you know that you can upload videos recorded directly from a computer webcam?
This trick is performed with YouTube's QuickCapture feature, which lets you record "live" video from your webcam. Just sit in front of your webcam and start recording; whatever you record is uploaded directly to the YouTube site. Here's how it works.
With your webcam connected and running, click the Upload Videos link on any YouTube page. When the Video Upload page appears, enter the title, description, and other information for your upload. Then click the Use Quick Capture button.
This displays the Quick Capture page. Pull down the list boxes above the video window to select your options for webcam video and audio. You'll then see the picture from your webcam in the video window; click the Record button to start recording.
When you're finished with the recording, click the Finish & Exit button. YouTube automatically uploads the video to the site and displays the Quick Capture Complete page. Your video will be available for viewing shortly.