- Tip #1: Flag a Video for Future Viewing
- Tip #2: Save Your Favorite Videos
- Tip #3: Create a Video Playlist
- Tip #4: Share a Video via Email
- Tip #5: Watch YouTube Videos on Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #6: Post a Video Comment
- Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
- Tip #8: Upload "Live" Video from a Webcam
- Tip #9: Upload Videos from Your Mobile Phone
- Tip #10: Edit Your Videos with YouTube Remixer
Tip #7: Post YouTube Videos to Your Own Blog
If you have your own personal blog, YouTube makes it easy to send any public YouTube video to your blog as a new blog posting. First, however, you have to tell YouTube about your blog so that it knows where to send the post.
Start by clicking the My Account link at the top of any YouTube page. On the My Account page, scroll down to the Account Settings section and click the Video Posting Settings link. When the next page appears, click the Add a Blog/Site button.
YouTube now displays the Add a Blog/Site page. Pull down the Blog Service list and select your blog host. (YouTube supports automatic posting to Blogger, Friendster, LiveJournal, Piczo, WordPress.com, and WordPress self-hosted blogs.) Now enter your blog username and password, click the Add Blog button, and you're finished with this preliminary setup.
Once configured, it's a snap to send any public YouTube video to your blog. Just open the video's viewing page and click the Share link. When the Share Video panel opens, pull down the Choose a Blog list and select your blog. Enter a title for this post, and then enter any text you want to accompany the video. Click the Post to Blog button, and YouTube posts the video (and accompanying text) to your blog as a new post.