- Sun Cluster 3.0 Series: Guide to Installation—Part 2
- Major Resources
- Sun Cluster 3.0 Software
- Install SC 3.0 On First Cluster Node—Without Reboot
- Identify the Device ID (DID) on the First Cluster Node
- Verify DID is Available on Each Additional Cluster Node)
- Install SC 3.0 Patches on the First Cluster Node
- Verify the Install Mode is Enabled
- Install SC 3.0 on Additional Cluster Nodes— Without Reboot
- Install SC 3.0 Patches on Additional Cluster Nodes
- Establish the SC 3.0 Quorum Device - First Cluster Node Only
- Configure Additional Public Network Adapters - NAFO
- Configure ntp.conf on Each Cluster Node
- Verify /etc/nsswitch Entries
- Update Private Interconnect Addresses on All Cluster Nodes
- Add Diagnostic Toolkit
In this module, for each cluster node we will install and configure the Sun Cluster (SC) 3.0 software and apply the appropriate patches. As instructed during these exercises, you will confirm the correct configuration is achieved by performing the associated verification steps.
In this module, you will perform the following procedures in the prescribed sequence:
Install the SC 3.0 software and patches on each cluster node in the specified sequence.
Install and configure Solstice DiskSuite™ (SDS) 4.2.1 software for HA-NFS data service.
Verify the auto-cluster formation and basic cluster operations
Configure the SC 3.0 two-node quorum device