- Enterprise Installation Services: Standard Installation Practices
- Hardware Configuration
- Solaris Configuration (clustadm)
- Install SUNWccon package on SC 3.0 Admin Workstation
- Patch Installation - Administration Workstation
- Configure Management Server for Administering Cluster Nodes
- Configure the Terminal Concentrator
- Configure Cluster Control Panel
- Configure Solaris OE (Each Cluster Node)
- Solaris OE —Post Installation and Configuration
The administrative workstation (clustadm) is required for setting up and configuring the cluster, and can be used for ongoing cluster management and operations.
The administrative workstation is a remote workstation, which can be used to administer each cluster node by connecting through the terminal concentrator. The administrative workstation can also be used to administer and monitor the cluster through the cluster control panel, the command-line interface, or the Sun™ Management Center console (monitoring only).
When configuring the administrative workstation, consider combining systems management functions, such as JumpStart server software, shared applications software, and patches. These can be combined, along with Sun Cluster 3.0 software administrative functions appropriate to your implementation.
In this module, we describe the hardware configuration and the procedures used to install the administrative workstation clustadm. We explain how to confirm that all requirements are met, verify that all cluster components (including patches) are installed correctly, and ensure that the shell environment is configured correctly.