This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
For years, Thomas Erl's Service-Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design has been the definitive end-to-end tutorial on SOA, service orientation, and service technologies. Now, Erl and a world-class team of service experts have thoroughly updated their best-seller to reflect the new practices, technologies, and strategies that have emerged through the past decade of hard-won SOA experience.
Fully reflective of modern SOA environments, this Second Edition presents dozens of current case study examples, as well as 300+ diagrams that illuminate every key facet of creating, leveraging, and sustaining contemporary SOA. Erl and his colleagues guide you through every key phase of the SOA delivery lifecycle, from analysis and design through modern governance. Coverage includes:
2. Case Studies
Part I. SOA and Web Services Fundamentals
3. Introducing SOA and Service-Orientation
4. The Evolution of SOA
5. Service Technology and Primitive SOA
Part II. SOA and Service Technology
6. WS-* and Contemporary SOA
7. REST and Contemporary SOA
Part III. Service-Orientation
8. The Principles of Service-Orientation
9. Service Layers and Service Inventories
Part IV. Building SOA (Planning and Analysis)
10. SOA Delivery Strategies
11. Service-Oriented Analysis (Part I. Introduction)
12. Service-Oriented Analysis (Part II. Service Modeling)
Part V. Building SOA (Technology and Design)
13. Service-Oriented Design (Part I. Introduction)
14. Service-Oriented Design (Part II. SOA Composition Guidelines)
15. Service-Oriented Design (Part III. Service Design)
16. Service-Oriented Design (Part IV. Business Process Design)
Part VI. Governing SOA
17. SOA Governance Framework
18. SOA Vitality
Appendix A. Case Studies
Appendix B. Service Models Reference