This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Learning Angular, Second Edition
A Hands-On Guide to Angular 2 and Angular 4
Learning Angular teaches modern application development with Angular 2 and Angular 4. It begins with the basics of Angular and the technologies and techniques used throughout the book, such as key features of TypeScript, newer ES6 syntax and concepts, and details about the tools needed to write professional Angular applications.
The reader will next build an Angular application from scratch while learning about the primary pieces of an Angular application and see how they work together. Using lots of examples, the core parts of Angular will be introduced, such as Components, the Router, and Services.
The book also covers techniques like server-side rendering and how to incrementally add Angular 2+ features to existing AngularJS applications. Finally, the reader will gain insight into advanced skills that should be part of any professional Angular developer’s toolkit such as testing, tooling options, and performance tuning.
• What is Angular?
• Why Use Angular?
• Who this Book is For
• How to Use this Book
• Getting the Source Code
• Setting Up a Development Environment
• Defining Variables
• Using Operators
• Applying Comparison and Conditional Operators
• Implementing Looping
• Creating Functions
• Understanding Variable Scope
• Manipulating Strings
• Working with Arrays
• Adding Error Handling
Chapter 2: Jumping Into TypeScript
• Learning the Different Types
• Understanding Interfaces
• Implementing Classes
• Implementing Modules
• Understanding Generics
Chapter 3: Getting Started with Angular
• Why Angular?
• Understanding Angular
- Data Binding
- Dependency Injection
- Http Client
• Separation of Responsibilities
• Adding AngularJS to Your Environment
• Creating a Basic Angular Application
Chapter 4: Angular Components
• Defining the Selector
• Building the Template
• Injecting Directives
• The Component Factory
Chapter 5: Expressions
• Using Double Curly Braces
• Understanding the Context
• Using Piping To Transform Output
Chapter 6: Databinding
• Implementing One-Way Data Binding
• Implementing Two-Way Data Binding
• Implementing Binding Types Data Binding
Chapter 7 Built in Directives
• Understanding Directives
• Using Built-in Directives
Chapter 8: Custom Directives
• Understanding Custom Directive Definitions
• Implementing Custom Directives
Chapter 9: Events and Change Detection
• Using Browser Events
• Handling User Interaction Events
• Using Change Detection
• Creating Custom Events
Chapter 10: Services
• Understanding Angular Services
• Using Built in Services
Chapter 11: Custom Services
• Understanding Custom Services
• Creating Custom Services
• Implementing Custom Services
Chapter 12: Building an Application