Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Learning Android Application Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building Android Applications
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 432
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-336500-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-336500-9
Learning Android™ Application Programming will help you master modern Android programming by building a fully functional app from the ground up. Working with the Android 4.3 toolset, you’ll solve real-world problems faced by every Android developer and learn best practices for success with any mobile development project.
Ideal for developers who have little or no Android experience but have basic Java experience, this tutorial teaches through carefully structured exercises that address the entire development process. Leading Android developers James Talbot and Justin McLean guide you through building a real biking mobile app that can handle everything from mileage tracking to route planning. Each chapter builds your knowledge, step-by-step, and in the end you will have a complete, working app.
Along the way, you’ll gain hands-on experience with writing code that can run on the widest spectrum of devices while still leveraging Android’s newest features. You’ll also discover proven solutions for the occasionally messy realities of Android development, from inaccurate sensor data to inadequate device battery life–pitfalls that most other Android books ignore.
Learn how to
- Set up your Android development environment on Windows or Mac operating systems
- Quickly create a simple, working app that demonstrates basic Android principles
- Master core building blocks, such as Activities, Intents, Services, and Resources
- Build a functional user interface, and then make it more intuitive and usable
- Professionally style your Android app
- Make your app location-aware
- Integrate social networking features
- Build highly efficient threaded apps
- Integrate database support to read and write data
- Make your app run faster, while using less memory and power
- Efficiently test and debug your app
- Easily internationalize your app for multiple countries and languages
- Sell your app through Google Play and the Amazon AppStore
Get all of this book’s sample code at www.androiddevbook.com/code.html.
Register your book at informit.com/register to gain access to the Bonus KitKat Chapter.
Download the free version of this book’s On Your Bike app from Google Play today.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Android Development with Android Studio and Eclipse - LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $119.99
- Android for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79