Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
XNA Game Studio 4.0 Programming: Developing for Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7 X 9
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-262016-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262016-1
Get Started Fast with XNA Game Studio 4.0–and Build Great Games for Both Windows® Phone 7 and Xbox 360®
This is the industry’s best reference and tutorial for all aspects of XNA Game Studio 4.0 programming on all supported platforms, from Xbox 360 to Windows Phone 7 and Windows PCs. The only game development book authored by Microsoft XNA development team members, it offers deep insider insights you won’t get anywhere else–including thorough coverage of new Windows Phone APIs for mobile game development.
You’ll quickly build simple games and get comfortable with Microsoft’s powerful XNA Game Studio 4.0 toolset. Next, you’ll drill down into every area of XNA, including graphics, input, audio, video, storage, GamerServices, and networking. Miller and Johnson present especially thorough coverage of 3D graphics, from Reach and HiDef to textures, effects, and avatars. Throughout, they introduce new concepts with downloadable code examples designed to help you jumpstart your own projects. Coverage includes
- Downloading, installing, and getting started with XNA Game Studio 4
- Building on capabilities provided in the default game template
- Using 2D sprites, textures, sprite operations, blending, and SpriteFonts
- Creating high-performance 3D graphics with XNA’s newly simplified APIs
- Loading, generating, recording, and playing audio
- Supporting keyboards, mice, Xbox 360 controllers, Touch, accelerometer, and GPS inputs
- Managing all types of XNA storage
- Using avatars as characters in your games
- Utilizing gamer types, player profiles, presence information, and other GamerServices
- Supporting Xbox LIVE and networked games
- Creating higher-level input systems that seamlessly manage cross-platform issues
From Windows Phone 7 mobile gaming to Xbox 360, XNA Game Studio 4.0 creates huge new opportunities for experienced Microsoft developers. This book helps you build on skills you already have, to create the compelling games millions of users are searching for.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- My Kindle Fire HDX
- Book $15.99
- My Kindle Fire HDX
- eBook (Watermarked) $12.79