Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Wireless Networking Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Your Price: $15.99
- List Price: $19.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 368
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-338132-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-338132-0
Make the most of your wireless network…without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to connect all your wireless devices, get great performance with everything from streaming media to printing, stay safe and secure, and do more with Wi-Fi than you ever thought possible! Even if you’ve never set up or run a network before, this book will show you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Wireless networking has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple wireless networking could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to creating, using, troubleshooting, and doing more with your wireless network…simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do, at home or in your business! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Buy the right equipment without overspending
• Reliably connect Windows PCs, Macs, iPads, Android tablets, game consoles, Blu-ray players, smartphones, and more
• Get great performance from all your networked devices
• Smoothly stream media without clogging your entire network
• Store music and movies so you can play them anywhere in your home
• Keep neighbors and snoopers out of your network
• Share the files you want to share–and keep everything else private
• Automatically back up your data across the network
• Print from anywhere in the house–or from anywhere on Earth
• Extend your network to work reliably in larger homes or offices
• Set up a “guest network” for visiting friends and family
• View streaming videos and other web content on your living room TV
• Control your networked devices with your smartphone or tablet
• Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots and get online in your car
• Find and log onto hotspots, both public and hidden
• Quickly troubleshoot common wireless network problems
Michael Miller is the world’s #1 author of beginning computer books. He has written more than 100 best-selling books over the past two decades, earning an international reputation for his friendly and easy-to-read style, practical real-world advice, technical accuracy, and exceptional ability to demystify complex topics. His books for Que include Computer Basics Absolute Beginner’s Guide; Facebook for Grown-Ups; My Pinterest; Ultimate Digital Music Guide; Speed It Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow PCs, and Googlepedia: The Ultimate Google Resource.
Covers: Wireless Networking
User Level: Beginning
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Learning Android Application Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building Android Applications
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- Bluetooth Low Energy: The Developer's Handbook
- Book $43.99
- Bluetooth low energy: The Developer's Handbook
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19