Windows via C/C++, 5th Edition
- Your Price: $44.79
- List Price: $55.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Edition: 5th
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3921-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3921-8
Master the intricacies of application development with unmanaged C++ code—straight from the experts. Jeffrey Richter’s classic book is now fully revised for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008. You get in-depth, comprehensive guidance, advanced techniques, and extensive code samples to help you program Windows–based applications.
Discover how to:
- Architect and implement your applications for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
- Create and manipulate processes and jobs
- Schedule, manage, synchronize and destroy threads
- Perform asynchronous and synchronous device I/O operations with the I/O completion port
- Allocate memory using various techniques including virtual memory, memory-mapped files, and heaps
- Manipulate the default committed physical storage of thread stacks
- Build DLLs for delay-loading, API hooking, and process injection
- Using structured exception handling, Windows Error Recovery, and Application Restart services
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase