Operating Systems, Server
Windows Small Business Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Pages: 624
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3055-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3055-0
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering Windows Small Business Server 2008. Zero in on core support tasks and tools using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether at your desk or in the field.
Get fast facts to:
- Plan, install, and configure a small business network
- Navigate the Windows SBS Console tool
- Create and administer user and group accounts
- Manage automatic updates, disk storage, and shared printers
- Configure mail settings and customize internal Web sites
- Boost security with authentication, authorization, and permissions
- Develop a backup and restoration strategy
- Monitor performance using alerts, notifications, and reports
- Expand the network by adding a server and accessing remote computers
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Chapter 2: A Networking Primer
- Chapter 3: Installing Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Chapter 4: Getting Started
- Chapter 5: Working with Users, Computers, and Groups
- Chapter 6: Deploying Updates
- Chapter 7: Managing Storage
- Chapter 8: Sharing Printers
- Chapter 9: Administering E-Mail
- Chapter 10: Working with Web Sites
- Chapter 11: Creating and Customizing Web Sites
- Chapter 12: Optimizing Network Security
- Chapter 13: Backing Up and Restoring
- Chapter 14: Adding a Second Server
- Chapter 15: Monitoring Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Chapter 16: Managing Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Appendix : About the Author
- Appendix : Get Certified-Windows Server 2008
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase