Windows Runtime via C#
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 320
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-7922-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-7922-1
Delve inside the Windows Runtime - and learn best ways to design and build Windows Store apps. Guided by Jeffrey Richter, a recognized expert in Windows and .NET programming, along with principal Windows consultant Maarten van de Bospoort, you'll master essential concepts. And you'll gain practical insights and tips for how to architect, design, optimize, and debug your apps.
With this book, you will:
- Learn how to consume Windows Runtime APIs from C#
- Understand the principles of architecting Windows Store apps
- See how to build, deploy, and secure app packages
- Understand how apps are activated and the process model controlling their execution
- Study the rich features available when working with files and folders
- Explore how to transfer, compress, and encrypt data via streams
- Design apps that give the illusion of running using live tiles, background transfers, and background tasks
- Share data between apps using the clipboard and the Share charm
- Get advice for monetizing your apps through the Windows Store
About This Book
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, and the Visual Studio IDE
- Targeted to programmers building Windows Store apps
- Some chapters also useful to those building desktop apps
- Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013
Table of Contents
- Core concepts
- Chapter 1: Windows Runtime primer
- Chapter 2: App packaging and deployment
- Chapter 3: Process model
- Core Windows facilities
- Chapter 4: Package data and roaming
- Chapter 5: Storage files and folders
- Chapter 6: Stream input and output
- Chapter 7: Networking
- Chapter 8: Tile and toast notifications
- Chapter 9: Background tasks
- Chapter 10: Sharing data between apps
- Chapter 11: Windows Store
- App containers
- About the authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase