This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Printed entirely in color, with helpful figures and syntax coloring to make code samples appear as they do in Visual Studio.
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a key component of the .NET Framework 3.0, giving you the power to create richer and more compelling applications than you dreamed possible. Whether you want to develop traditional user interfaces or integrate 3D graphics, audio/video, animation, dynamic skinning, rich document support, speech recognition, or more, WPF enables you to do so in a seamless, resolution-independent manner. Windows Presentation Foundation Unleashed is the authoritative book that covers it all, in a practical and approachable fashion, authored by .NET guru and Microsoft developer Adam Nathan.
· Covers everything you need to know about Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML)
· Examines the WPF feature areas in incredible depth: controls, layout, resources, data binding, styling, graphics, animation, and more
· Features a chapter on 3D graphics by Daniel Lehenbauer, lead developer responsible for WPF 3D
· Delves into non-mainstream topics: speech, audio/video, documents, bitmap effects, and more
· Shows how to create popular UI elements, such as features introduced in the 2007 Microsoft Office System: Galleries, ScreenTips, custom control layouts, and more
· Demonstrates how to create sophisticated UI mechanisms, such as Visual Studio-like collapsible/dockable panes
· Explains how to develop and deploy all types of applications, including navigation-based applications, applications hosted in a Web browser, and applications with great-looking non-rectangular windows
· Explains how to create first-class custom controls for WPF
· Demonstrates how to create hybrid WPF software that leverages Windows Forms, ActiveX, or other non-WPF technologies
· Explains how to exploit new Windows Vista features in WPF applications
PART I Background
1 Why Windows Presentation Foundation?
2 XAML Demystified
3 Important New Concepts in WPF
PART II Building a WPF Application
4 Introducing WPF’s Controls
5 Sizing, Positioning, and Transforming Elements
6 Layout with Panels
7 Structuring and Deploying an Application
PART III Features for Professional Developers
9 Data Binding
10 Styles, Templates, Skins, and Themes
PART IV Going Beyond Today’s Applications with Rich Media
11 2D Graphics
12 3D Graphics
14 Audio, Video, Speech, and Documents
PART V Advanced Topics
15 Interoperability with Win32, Windows Forms, and ActiveX
16 User Controls and Custom Controls
17 Layout with Custom Panels
PART VI Appendix: Helpful Tools