Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Windows 2000 Active Directory Design and Deployment
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- Copyright 2000
- Dimensions: 6 X 9
- Pages: 648
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 1-57870-242-9
- ISBN-13: 978-1-57870-242-8
This book focuses on the design of a Windows 2000 environment, and how to develop an effective design and migration plan. You are lead through the process of developing a design plan by reviewing each pertinent issue, and provides expert advice on how to evaluate each issue as it applies to the your particular environment. Practical examples illustrate all these issues. The book begins with detailed coverage of how to evaluate the current network environment - what issues need to be considered, and how to evaluate those issues. Next, the process of developing a migration plan is explored. The book then examines how to develop a Windows 2000 environment, sharing the insight gained by actual deployments from RDP members. Next, the book discusses how to evaluate both the migration and development plans, making sure that all potential pitfalls have been avoided. It closes with a discussion of the future of Active Directory.
Click below for Downloads related to this title:
Downloadable Sample Chapter
Click below for Sample Chapter related to this title:
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with a “What's Next?” section.)
1. Developing a Business Justification for Migrating to Windows 2000.
2. Defining and Evaluating the Current Environment.
3. The Action (Project) Plan and Cost Justification of the Project.
4. Namespace Design of the Windows 2000 Active Directory.
5. Group Policy Design, Planning, and Implementation.
6. Server Roles.
7. Active Directory Replication and Site Design.
8. Active Directory Capacity Planning.
9. Security Design and Planning.
10. Developing the Migration Plan.
11. Implementation of the Migration Plan.
12. The Transition Period and Post-Migration Tasks.
13. Integrating Windows 2000 Active Directory with Novell NetWare.
14. Interoperability with Other Third-Party Network Operating Systems.
15. Windows 2000: Current Status and Futures.
Appendix. Case Study: Reliable Equipment & Computer Components, Inc.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.