Home & Office Computing
Visual Stories: Behind the Lens with Vincent Laforet
- Your Price: $35.19
- List Price: $43.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 264
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-283741-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-283741-5
There is an art to capturing a photo that tells a story. You need to know what belongs in the frame and what to leave out, what to emphasize in the photo that adds to the story, and how to use light, shape, and color all to express meaning while lending aesthetic value to the image itself. Vincent Laforet–Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer and voted one of the "100 Most Influential People in Photography" by American Photo–gives a rare look into the art of photography through his lens as a master editorial and commercial photographer.
This beautiful book contains full-color spreads, with scene details and technical information to help tell the visual stories of larger-than-life life events such as Hurricane Katrina, the Olympic Games, and the war zone of Pakistan. With over 100 photos included, you will gain important insights into how you can achieve similar looks—blending what the camera does with the stories you want to tell.
- Learn how the principles of photojournalism can be applied to telling stories with a single image.
- Use light, shape, and color to create rich photos that tell the story as well as add sensitivity to beauty and emotion.
- Learn how the relationship between foreground and background can be used to creatively produce images with strong impact, and choose lenses based on this discovery.
- Understand the value of an image and convey a more in-depth story of the subject in any genre of photography, including landscapes, close-ups, portraits, action shots, aerials, and more.
- Receive an up-close and personal view of the author and his work by watching over 60 videos on the accompanying DVD.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase