Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Upgrading and Repairing Laptops
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2004
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 912
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-2800-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-2800-5
Beyond cutting edge, Scott Mueller goes where no computer book author has gone before--right past all the warranty stickers, the hidden screws, and the fear factor to produce a real owner's manual that every laptop owner should have on his desk. This book shows the upgrades users can perform, the ones that are better left to the manufacturer, and how to use add-on peripherals to make the most of a laptop. The CD contains one-of-a-kind video showing just what's inside a portable PC. For readers who have ever wondered what goes on inside their portable PC, how to upgrade/repair the portable PC or how to live on the road with it, this is the one must-have book of the year!
Online Sample Chapters
Table of Contents
1. Portable Systems Background.
2. Portable PC Overview: Types and Features.
3. System Maintenance and Assembly.
8. Expansion Buses.
9. Hard Disk Storage.
10. Removable Storage.
11. Graphics and Sound.
13. Keyboards and Pointing Devices.
14. Portable System Accessories.
15. Software/Operating Systems.
16. Problem Solving and Troubleshooting.
17. Portable Resource Guide.
A. List of Acronyms.
C. Key Vendor Contacts.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Structured Computer Organization, 6th Edition
- Book $147.90
- Digital System Design with SystemVerilog
- Book $97.75