Home & Office Computing
Microsoft Windows Vista & Home Server
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Out
- Your Price: $23.99
- List Price: $29.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 500
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-4519-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-4519-6
You're beyond the basics, so dive right into troubleshooting Windows 7 -- and really put your PC to work! This supremely organized reference describes hundreds of prevention tips, troubleshooting techniques, and recovery tools in one essential guide. It's all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts keep their Windows 7-based systems running smoothly -- and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Take control of essential Windows 7 maintenance and security features, such as the Action Center and User Account Control
- Master quick fixes to the most common problems using expert tips and step-by-step repair guides
- Implement best practices to help prevent and combat viruses, malware, and identity theft
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques by understanding how Windows 7 works
- Diagnose hardware problems and work safely with your PC
- Develop a recovery plan to restore your system and data in the event of a disaster
- Know when to use power utilities for advanced performance, maintenance, and diagnostics
Your book -- online!
- Get your fully searchable online edition -- with unlimited access on the Web.
Table of Contents
- Conventions and Features Used in This Book
- Errata & Book Support
- Chapter 1: Prevention Is Better Than Cure
- Chapter 2: The Basic Windows 7 Utilities
- Chapter 3: Basic Windows 7 Security
- Chapter 4: Backup and Restore
- Chapter 5: Maintaining Windows 7
- Chapter 6: Users
- Chapter 7: Hardware
- Chapter 8: Virtualization
- Quick Fixes
- Chapter 9: Annoyances
- Chapter 10: Viruses, Malware, and Other Threats
- Chapter 11: Easy Ways to Fix Windows 7
- Technical Fixes
- Chapter 12: What Is Windows 7 Anyway?
- Chapter 13: Identifying the Source of a Problem
- Chapter 14: Advanced Diagnostic Tools in Windows 7
- Chapter 15: Advanced Repair Methods
- Chapter 16: Windows Problems Demystified
- Chapter 17: Remote Help
- Chapter 18: Where to Find More Help and Support
- Chapter 19: Diagnosing Hardware Problems
- Disaster Recovery
- Chapter 20: Windows and Data Recovery Tools
- Chapter 21: Restoring from Another PC
- Chapter 22: Linux: An Operating System on a Disc
- Chapter 23: Third-Party Rescue Tools and Services
- Chapter 24: When You Can't Recover Data
- Power Utilities
- Chapter 25: Advanced Windows Diagnostic Tools in Depth
- Chapter 26: Windows Firewall in Depth
- Chapter 27: Advanced Registry Work
- Windows 7 Editions
- Windows 7 Features by Edition
- Windows 7 Shortcut Keys
- BIOS Beep Codes
- About the Author
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase