- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-4980-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-4980-4
Learn best practices and proven methods from project management professionals—and apply these skills as you work with Microsoft Project. In this practical guide, project management expert Bonnie Biafore shows you how to manage projects efficiently and effectively, sharing the real-world experiences of project managers in several industries. You'll learn how to put the best practices and hard-won lessons of experts to work on your critical projects.
Sharpen the skills you need to manage projects expertly—from start to finish
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, management, and team members
- Apply methods to break down the project into small, manageable pieces
- Define work assignments, choose resources, and build project schedules
- Accurately estimate project costs and work with a budget
- Identify project changes and manage risks
- Track progress and balance priorities without sacrificing quality
- Document project history and lessons learned to help improve future projects
Project files available on the companion website.
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- About the Author
- Getting a Project Started
- Chapter 1: Meet Project Management
- Chapter 2: Obtaining Approval for a Project
- Planning a Project
- Chapter 3: Planning to Achieve Success
- Chapter 4: Building a Work Breakdown Structure
- Chapter 5: Project Resources
- Chapter 6: Building a Project Schedule
- Chapter 7: Working with a Budget
- Carrying Out a Project
- Chapter 8: Executing the Project Plan
- Chapter 9: Evaluating Project Performance
- Chapter 10: Managing Project Resources
- Chapter 11: Communicating Information
- Controlling Projects
- Chapter 12: Managing Project Changes
- Chapter 13: Modifying the Project Schedule
- Chapter 14: Balancing the Budget and Other Project Variables
- Chapter 15: Managing Risk
- Closing Projects
- Chapter 16: Learning Lessons
- Chapter 17: Closing a Project
- Chapter 18: Archiving Historical Information
- Beyond Projects
- Chapter 19: Selecting and Prioritizing Projects
- Chapter 20: Other Project Management Approaches