Start Here! Learn Microsoft Visual Basic 2012
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 366
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-7296-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-7296-3
Ready to learn Microsoft Visual Basic? Start Here!
Learn the fundamentals of modern programming with Visual Basic 2012—and begin building your first Windows 8 apps for the desktop. If you have absolutely no previous experience with Visual Basic, no problem—simply start here! This book introduces must-know concepts and techniques through easy-to-follow explanations, examples, and exercises.
Here’s where you start learning Visual Basic
- Learn the fundamentals of programming with Visual Basic
- Discover how to to bind controls to data
- Design and interact with user interfaces built with XAML
- Build and debug complete applications
- Learn the basics of Windows 8 application design
- Find out how to deliver your applications to the Windows Store
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting to Know Visual Basic 2012
- Chapter 2: Creating Your First Windows 8 Application
- Chapter 3: Using Controls
- Chapter 4: Designing Windows 8 Applications with Blend for Visual Studio
- Chapter 5: Working with XAML
- Chapter 6: Visual Basic Language Elements
- Chapter 7: Controlling Application Design, Layout, and Program Flow
- Chapter 8: Using the .NET Framework
- Chapter 9: Debugging Applications
- Chapter 10: Managing Data with Arrays and LINQ
- Chapter 11: Design Focus: Five Great Features for a Windows 8 Application
- Chapter 12: Future Development Opportunities and the Windows Store
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase