- Your Price: $15.99
- List Price: $19.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 388
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-7592-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-7592-6
Ready to learn Windows 8 programming? Start Here!
Here’s where you start learning Windows 8 app development
- Create photo and media galleries with built-in HTML widgets
- Interact with the system through live tiles, contracts, and view state detection
- Store and access data on the local device and via the Internet
- Access webcam, GPS, and other sensors embedded in the device
- Create your first programs and publish them to the Windows Store
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Using Visual Studio 2012 Express edition for Windows 8
- Chapter 2: Making sense of HTML5
- Chapter 3: Making sense of CSS
- Chapter 5: First steps with Windows 8 development
- Chapter 6: The user interface of Windows Store applications
- Chapter 7: Navigating through multimedia content
- Chapter 8: States of a Windows 8 application
- Chapter 9: Integrating with the Windows 8 environment
- Chapter 10: Adding persistent data to applications
- Chapter 11: Working with remote data
- Chapter 12: Accessing devices and sensors
- Chapter 13: Adding Live tiles
- Chapter 14: Publishing an application
- About the authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase