This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
SQL Server 2017 Inside Out is the authoritative in-depth reference for every working database administrator responsible for planning, implementing, or managing SQL Server in any production environment -- on-premises, cloud, or hybrid. Emphasizing SQL Server 2017’s newest features, including running SQL Server on Linux, four leading Microsoft database experts share insider techniques, solutions, advice, and troubleshooting tips for maximizing efficiency and effectiveness in all facets of deployment and day-to-day administration, and performance optimization.
The authors tour a wide array of tools and features available in the SQL Server 2017 database engine, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, and PowerShell. Throughout, they offer clear overviews, detailed explanations, step-by-step demonstrations, and practical scripts -- all drawing on their extensive in-the-trenches experience.
1. Installing and Using SQL Server 2016 Administration and Development Tools
2. Introducing Database Server Components
3. Architecting and Implementing a Database Infrastructure
4. Provisioning SQL Server SQL Databases
5. Provisioning Azure SQL Databases
6.Implementing and Managing SQL Server User Security and Permissions
7. Securing the Server and Data
8. Understanding and Designing SQL Server Tables
9. Performance Tuning SQL Server
10. Understanding and Designing Indexes
11. Developing Deploying and Managing Data Recovery
12. Implementing SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery
13. Managing and Monitoring SQL Server Databases Managing Database Health14. Automating SQL Server Administration