This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Conquer SQL Server 2017 administration—from the inside out
Dive into SQL Server 2017 administration—and really put your SQL Server DBA expertise to work. This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds—all you need to plan, implement, manage, and secure SQL Server 2017 in any production environment: on-premises, cloud, or hybrid. Four SQL Server experts offer a complete tour of DBA capabilities available in SQL Server 2017 Database Engine, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio, and via PowerShell. Discover how experts tackle today’s essential tasks—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
• Install, customize, and use SQL Server 2017’s key administration and development tools
• Manage memory, storage, clustering, virtualization, and other components
• Architect and implement database infrastructure, including IaaS, Azure SQL, and hybrid cloud configurations
• Provision SQL Server and Azure SQL databases
• Secure SQL Server via encryption, row-level security, and data masking
• Safeguard Azure SQL databases using platform threat protection, firewalling, and auditing
• Establish SQL Server IaaS network security groups and user-defined routes
• Administer SQL Server user security and permissions
• Efficiently design tables using keys, data types, columns, partitioning, and views
• Utilize BLOBs and external, temporal, and memory-optimized tables
• Master powerful optimization techniques involving concurrency, indexing, parallelism, and execution plans
• Plan, deploy, and perform disaster recovery in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments
For Experienced SQL Server Administrators and Other Database Professionals
• Your role: Intermediate-to-advanced level SQL Server database administrator, architect, developer, or performance tuning expert
• Prerequisites: Basic understanding of database administration procedures
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 4)
1. Getting started with SQL Server tools
2. Introducing database server components
3. Designing and implementing a database infrastructure
4. Provisioning databases
5. Provisioning Azure SQL Database
6. Administering security and permissions
7. Securing the server and its data
8. Understanding and designing tables
9. Performance tuning SQL Server
10. Understanding and designing indexes
11. Developing, deploying, and managing data recovery
12. Implementing high availability and disaster recovery
13. Managing and monitoring SQL Server14. Automating SQL Server administration