- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 352
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3068-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3068-0
Get best-in-class engineering practices to help you write more-robust, bug-free code. Two Microsoft .NET development experts share real-world examples and proven methods for optimizing the software development life cycle—from avoiding costly programming pitfalls to making your development team more efficient. Managed code developers at all levels will find design, prototyping, implementation, debugging, and testing tips to boost the quality of their code—today.
Optimize each stage of the development process—from design to testing—and produce higher-quality applications.
- Use metaprogramming to reduce code complexity, while increasing flexibility and maintainability
- Treat performance as a feature—and manage it throughout the development life cycle
- Apply best practices for application scalability
- Employ preventative security measures to ward off malicious attacks
- Practice defensive programming to catch bugs before run time
- Incorporate automated builds, code analysis, and testing into the daily engineering process
- Implement better source-control management and check-in procedures
- Establish a quality-driven, milestone-based project rhythm—and improve your results!
Table of Contents
- Recommendations for Solid Code
- Chapter 1: Code Quality in an Agile World
- Chapter 2: Class Design and Prototyping
- Chapter 3: Metaprogramming
- Chapter 4: Performance Is a Feature
- Chapter 5: Designing for Scale
- Chapter 6: Security Design and Implementation
- Chapter 7: Managed Memory Model
- Chapter 8: Defensive Programming
- Chapter 9: Debugging
- Chapter 10: Code Analysis
- Chapter 11: Improving Engineering Processes
- Chapter 12: Attitude Is Everything
- Appendix A: Agile Development Resources
- Appendix B: Web Performance Resources
- Appendix : About the Authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase