Software Change Management: Case Studies and Practical Advice
- Your Price: $19.19
- List Price: $23.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 192
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6474-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6474-6
Why is it so difficult to change organizations? What does it really take to make “process improvement” yield measurable results? For more than 30 years, Donald Riefer has been guiding software teams through the technical, organizational, and people issues that must be managed in order to make meaningful process changes—and better products. This practical guide draws from his extensive experience, featuring 11 case studies spanning the public and private sectors and even academia. Each case study illuminates the original conditions; describes options and recommendations; details reactions, outcomes, and lessons learned; and provides essential references and resources.
- Eleven case studies provide insightful, empirical data from real-world organizations
- Provides a broad view across organizational settings and factors, such as personnel, and technical environments, including cloud, Agile, and open source options
- Illuminates the hard-won lessons, tradeoffs, and impacts—with advice on how to engineer successful, sustainable changes yourself
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Industrial Case: Organizational Change in a Large Information Technology Shop
- Chapter 3: Industrial Case: Justifying a Process Improvement Program for a Large Bank
- Chapter 4: Industrial Case: Moving to Commercial Off-the-Shelf and Open-Source Software Usage in Telecommunications
- Chapter 5: Industrial Case: Small Defense Project Needs Help
- Chapter 6: Industrial Case: Utility Moving to the Clouds
- Chapter 7: Industrial Case: Adoption of Agile Methods
- Chapter 8: Government Case: Large Defense Project Behind Schedule and Over Budget
- Chapter 9: Government Case: Introducing New Technology
- Chapter 10: Government Case: Maintenance Shop in Turmoil
- Chapter 11: Academic Case: Establishing a Meaningful Collaboration with Industry
- Chapter 12: Making an Impact
- Recommended Readings, References, and Resources
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase