This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
It’s the tiny details that delight customers. Creating an exceptional interface, whether it’s for a web page, an app, or even products like bank ATMs, leads to loyal customers and word of mouth recommendations. This guide by UX design leader, Giles Colborne, focuses on how to create extraordinarily simple interfaces by paying attention to the details. Complementing his book Simple and Usable Web, Mobile, and Interaction Design, Giles offers practical advice on how to create better web and mobile interactions.
• Explore how to make interfaces that are effective, efficient, and satisfying
• Learn from abundant examples of successful designs
• Get concrete time limits for specific website tasks
• Consider when perceived efficiency, in addition to real efficiency, is advantageous for users
• Gain insight into measuring customer satisfaction
• Find out why it’s important to understand your users and how to go about it
• Learn to balance avoiding errors with streamlined communication (in other words, how not to treat users like idiots)
• Anticipate users’ needs without bogging them down
• Get tips on working with different types of users, including those who are error prone
Giles Colborne has worked in usability and user-centered design since 1991 beginning at British Aerospace. He developed some of the first online publications at Institute of Physics Publishing in the early 1990s and worked on numerous international websites before founding cxpartners with Richard Caddick in 2004. cxpartners now works with companies worldwide to create web and mobile user experiences that are used by tens of millions of people. Giles is a former President of the UK Usability Professionals’ Association, co-chair of IA Summit and has worked with British Standards Institute in developing guidance on web accessibility. His first book, Simple and Usable: web mobile and interaction design is published by New Riders and has been translated into Chinese and Korean.