Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Sams Teach Yourself Google Analytics in 10 Minutes
- Your Price: $9.59
- List Price: $11.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2011
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-262944-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-262944-7
Sams Teach Yourself Google Analytics™ in 10 Minutes gives you straightforward, practical answers when you need fast results. By working through its 10-minute lessons, you’ll learn everything you need to use Google Analytics to accurately measure your website’s performance–and improve it!
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…
- Quickly create a Google Analytics account and add Google Analytics to your site
- Define goals and measure how well your site is achieving them
- Track visitors from search engines, pay-per-click advertising, email, and other sources
- Discover the pages your visitors view, how long they stay, and where they exit
- Monitor specific user actions, such as playing embedded video, selecting Flash menu items, or downloading files
- Identify your best and worst content, and fix poorly performing pages
- Improve your site by tracking error pages and broken links
- Measure AdWords traffic, position, and e-commerce performance
- Manage Google Analytics through the Dashboard
- Customize Google Analytics to work more effectively with your site
- Capture more accurate information by filtering out internal traffic
- Choose the right reports and data, understand them, and act on what you learn
Table of Contents
1 A 10-Minute Guide to Web Analytics 1
2 Creating a Google Analytics Account 9
3 Adding Google Analytics to Your Website 15
4 Using the Google Analytics Dashboard 25
5 Customizing Data in the Dashboard 39
6 Tracking Visitors 51
7 Analyzing Traffic Sources 69
8 Analyzing Top Content 79
9 Tracking AdSense Performance 91
10 Viewing the Site Overlay Report 101
11 Tracking AdWords Traffic 105
12 Tracking Ecommerce 113
13 Measuring Site Search Usage 123
14 Setting Up Goals and Funnels 131
15 Using Event Tracking 139
16 Creating Custom Reports 145
17 Filtering Data 155
18 Customizing the Google Analytics Tracking Code 163
19 Creating User-Defined Visitor Types 167
20 Filtering Out Internal Traffic 171
21 Tracking Error Pages and Broken Links 179
22 Tracking File Downloads 183
23 Tracking Full Referring URLs 187
24 Identifying Poorly Performing Pages 191
25 Fixing Problem Pages with Website Optimizer 197
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Learn Successful Sales and Negotiation Tips (Collection)
- eBook (Watermarked) $41.59
- Selling Healthcare: 5 Strategies to Create High-Return Relationships in Healthcare Sales
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99