Programming with the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit
- Your Price: $19.19
- List Price: $23.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 224
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6780-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6780-8
Create rich experiences for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8 Developer Preview with this pragmatic guide to the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). The author, a developer evangelist for Microsoft, walks you through Kinect sensor technology and the SDK—providing hands-on insights for how to add gesture and posture recognition to your apps. If you’re skilled in C# and Windows Presentation Foundation, you’ll learn how to integrate Kinect in your applications and begin writing Uis and controls that can handle Kinect interaction.
- This book introduces the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit to developers looking to enrich applications they build for Windows 7 and later with human motion tracking
- Teaches developers with core C# and WPF skills how to program gesture and posture recognition in Kinect
- Describes how to integrate 3D representation on top of a real scene
- Provides expert insights and code samples to get you up and running
Table of Contents
- Kinect at a glance
- Chapter 1: A bit of background
- Chapter 2: Who's there?
- Integrate Kinect in your application
- Chapter 3: Displaying Kinect data
- Chapter 4: Recording and playing a Kinect session
- Postures and gestures
- Chapter 5: Capturing the context
- Chapter 6: Algorithmic gestures and postures
- Chapter 7: Templated gestures and postures
- Chapter 8: Using gestures and postures in an application
- Creating a user interface for Kinect
- Chapter 9: You are the mouse!
- Chapter 10: Controls for Kinect
- Chapter 11: Creating augmented reality with Kinect
- About the Author
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase