Programming Microsoft LINQ in .NET Framework 4
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 650
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-4056-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-4056-6
Dig into LINQ -- and transform the way you work with data.
With LINQ, you can query data from a variety of sources -- including databases, objects, and XML files -- directly from Microsoft Visual Basic or C#. Guided by data-access experts who've worked in depth with LINQ and the Microsoft development teams, you'll learn how .NET Framework 4 implements LINQ, and how to exploit it. Clear examples show you how to deliver your own data-access solutions faster and with leaner code.
Discover how to:
- Use LINQ to query databases, object collections, arrays, XML, Microsoft Excel files, and other sources
- Apply LINQ best practices to build data-enabled .NET applications and services
- Manipulate data in a relational database with ADO.NET Entity Framework or LINQ to SQL
- Read, write, and manage XML content more efficiently with LINQ to XML
- Extend LINQ to support additional data sources by creating custom operators and providers
- Examine other implementations, such as LINQ to SharePoint
- Use LINQ within the data, business, and service layers of a distributed application
- Get code samples on the Web
Table of Contents
- Part I: LINQ Foundations
- Chapter 1: LINQ Introduction
- Chapter 2: LINQ Syntax Fundamentals
- Chapter 3: Linq to Objects
- Part II: LINQ to Relational
- Chapter 4: Choosing Between LINQ to SQL and LINQ to Entities
- Chapter 5: LINQ to SQL: Querying Data
- Chapter 6: LINQ to SQL: Managing Data
- Chapter 7: LINQ to SQL: Modeling Data and Tools
- Chapter 8: LINQ to Entities: Modeling Data with Entity Framework
- Chapter 9: LINQ to Entities: Querying Data
- Chapter 10: LINQ to Entities: Managing Data
- Chapter 11: LINQ to DataSet
- Part III: LINQ to XML
- Chapter 12: LINQ to XML: Managing the XML Infoset
- Chapter 13: LINQ to XML: Querying Nodes
- Part IV: Advanced LINQ
- Chapter 14: Inside Expression Trees
- Chapter 15: Extending LINQ
- Chapter 16: Parallelism and Asynchronous Processing
- Chapter 17: Other LINQ Implementations
- Part V: Applied LINQ
- Chapter 18: LINQ in a Multitier Solution
- Chapter 19: LINQ Data Binding
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase