Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Patterns for Parallel Programming
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Your Price: $41.59
- List Price: $51.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2005
- Dimensions: 7x9-1/4
- Pages: 384
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-22811-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-22811-6
The Parallel Programming Guide for Every Software Developer
From grids and clusters to next-generation game consoles, parallel computing is going mainstream. Innovations such as Hyper-Threading Technology, HyperTransport Technology, and multicore microprocessors from IBM, Intel, and Sun are accelerating the movement's growth. Only one thing is missing: programmers with the skills to meet the soaring demand for parallel software.
That's where Patterns for Parallel Programming comes in. It's the first parallel programming guide written specifically to serve working software developers, not just computer scientists. The authors introduce a complete, highly accessible pattern language that will help any experienced developer "think parallel"-and start writing effective parallel code almost immediately. Instead of formal theory, they deliver proven solutions to the challenges faced by parallel programmers, and pragmatic guidance for using today's parallel APIs in the real world. Coverage includes:
- Understanding the parallel computing landscape and the challenges faced by parallel developers
- Finding the concurrency in a software design problem and decomposing it into concurrent tasks
- Managing the use of data across tasks
- Creating an algorithm structure that effectively exploits the concurrency you've identified
- Connecting your algorithmic structures to the APIs needed to implement them
- Specific software constructs for implementing parallel programs
- Working with today's leading parallel programming environments: OpenMP, MPI, and Java
Patterns have helped thousands of programmers master object-oriented development and other complex programming technologies. With this book, you will learn that they're the best way to master parallel programming too.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Architecting Complex-Event Processing Solutions with TIBCO®
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- Process for System Architecture and Requirements Engineering
- eBook (Watermarked) $15.99