This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Covers all iPads running iOS 11
My iPad for Seniors, 5th Edition, is a full-color, fully illustrated guide to using all of Apple’s iPad models. It includes everything from basic setup information to finding and installing new apps to using the iPad for communication, entertainment, and productivity. The information presented in this book is targeted at users aged 50 and up; whenever possible, one best way for any given task is presented, and instructions are simplified with older users in mind. In addition, much content specific for people 50+ is included.
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to iPad photos that show you exactly what to do.
Common-sense help when you run into iPad problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your iPad.
Easy, clear, readable, and focused on what you want to do. Learn how to:
• Wirelessly connect to the Internet at home or away
• Personalize the way your iPad looks and works
• Make your iPad easier to use if you have trouble seeing or tapping the screen
• Use the Control Center to adjust frequently used settings
• Browse and search the Internet with Safari
• Use Siri’s voice commands to control your iPad and find useful information
• Find useful health and travel apps and fun games in Apple’s App Store
• Communicate with friends and family via email, text messaging, and FaceTime video chats
• Shoot, share, and view photos and videos
• Listen to music and watch movies and TV shows over the Internet
• Use iCloud to store and share your photos and other important data online
• Troubleshoot common iPad problems
Chapter 1 Buying and Unboxing Your iPad
Chapter 2 Getting Started with Your iPad
Chapter 3 Personalizing the Way Your iPad Looks and Works
Chapter 4 Making Your iPad More Accessible
Chapter 5 Connecting to the Internet and Browsing the Web
Chapter 6 Keeping Your iPad Safe and Secure
Chapter 7 Controlling Your iPad—and More—with Siri
Chapter 8 Installing and Using Apps
Chapter 9 Sending and Receiving Email
Chapter 10 Managing Your Contacts
Chapter 11 Video Chatting and Texting
Chapter 12 Getting Social with Facebook, Pinterest, and Other Social Networks
Chapter 13 Staying Organized with Calendar and Reminders
Chapter 14 Reading e-Books, Magazines, and Newspapers
Chapter 15 Shooting, Editing, and Sharing Photos and Videos
Chapter 16 Listening to Music
Chapter 17 Watching TV Shows, Movies, and Other Videos
Chapter 18 Controlling Your Smart Home
Chapter 19 Traveling with Maps and Other Travel Apps
Chapter 20 Keeping Fit and Healthy
Chapter 21 Playing Games
Chapter 22 Getting Productive
Chapter 23 Managing Files on Your iPad and in the Cloud
Chapter 24 Accessorizing Your iPad
Chapter 25 Fixing Common Problems