Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 1168
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-268419-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-268419-4
Microsoft® Visual Studio® LightSwitch® Unleashed
Alessandro Del Sole
Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch represents a breakthrough in business application development for Windows clients, the Web, and the cloud. Using this new tool, you can build powerful data-centric applications with far less code than ever before. Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch Unleashed is the first comprehensive, start-to-finish guide to this powerful new tool. Written by longtime Visual Basic expert and Microsoft MVP Alessandro Del Sole, this book covers everything Microsoft developers need to know to make the most of LightSwitch–from the absolute basics to the most advanced enterprise techniques.
You learn how to use LightSwitch to build modern, scalable, customized line-of-business applications that automatically leverage technologies such as Silverlight, WCF, and SQL Server Express with no effort or expertise on your part. Through hands-on examples, Del Sole guides you through building solutions that can integrate and analyze business information from virtually any source, crafting custom logic that solves your company’s unique problems, and delivering state-of-the-art usability through professional-quality user interfaces.
- Implement features such as screen navigation, data interaction, paging, and Excel export, with absolutely no coding
- Build simple data-centric applications and add power to them with relationships and details
- Rapidly create customized queries, filters, sorts, and reports
- Aggregate data from many locations, including SharePoint, SQL Server, and the cloud
- Simplify the implementation of application-level data validation
- Protect your applications with authentication and authorization
- Fine tune your code for scalability and performance
- Streamline deployment to local computers, web servers, and the Windows Azure cloud
- Use .NET code to define custom behaviors related to data and the user interface
- Understand how LightSwitch applications are architected and how they are handled by Visual Studio
- Use LightSwitch with other Visual Studio tools to manage the entire application life cycle
- Efficiently debug LightSwitch code–and create code that’s easier to debug
Category: Microsoft Programming
User Level: Intermediate—Advanced
ON THE WEB:
Download all examples and source code presented in this book as they are available from informit.com/title/9780672335532
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- C# Async Fundamentals LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $79.99
- Hidden Visual Studio LightSwitch: Secrets from the Real World for Creating Great Apps
- eBook (Watermarked) $7.99
- Hidden WPF: Secrets for Creating Great Applications in Windows Presentation Foundation
- eBook (Watermarked) $7.99