This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 significantly improves developer productivity across virtually all application lifecycle management tasks, while providing first-class support for Windows 8, Windows Phone, WindowsRT, and Windows Azure cloud development. This end-to-end deep dive will help working developers squeeze maximum productivity out of Microsoft’s powerful new toolbox.
The authors combine authoritative and detailed information about Microsoft’s latest IDE, with extensive insights and best practices drawn from decades of development experience. Developers will quickly get comfortable with Visual Studio 2012’s revamped interface and discover multiple opportunities to leverage the updated .NET 4.5 platform it supports.
By focusing entirely on Visual Studio 2012 Professional, the authors have gone deeper into Microsoft’s core product than ever before. You’ll find expert coverage of everything from debugging through refactoring, automation through enterprise-class development. Throughout, this book’s focus is relentlessly practical: how to apply Microsoft’s tools to build better software, faster.
Detailed information on how to...
· Use Visual Studio 2012’s new interface to significantly improve your productivity
· Make the most of VS 2012’s new WPF-based code editor
· Work with solutions, projects, browsers, explorers, and designers
· Create modern “Windows Store” applications for Windows 8 and Windows RT apps with VS 2012 and Windows Runtime Library
· Develop websites with ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and the Razor View Engine
· Create richer, smarter user interfaces for software of all types
· Build robust service oriented architecture (SOA)-based systems
· Construct data-centric applications with LINQ and Entity Framework
· Develop SharePoint and other Microsoft Office business applications
· Write Windows Azure applications that live in the cloud
· Instrument, analyze, and test your software
· Refactor code for greater robustness, maintainability, and performance
· Leverage brand-new improvements to Windows Workflow and Windows Communication Foundation
Part I An Introduction to Visual Studio 2012
1 A Quick Tour of Visual Studio 2012 5
2 The Visual Studio IDE 49
3 The .NET Languages 83
Part II An In-Depth Look at the IDE
4 Solutions and Projects 151
5 Browsers and Explorers 181
6 Introducing the Editors and Designers 209
7 The .NET Community: Interacting Online 269
Part III Writing and Working with Code
8 Working with Visual Studio’s Productivity Aids 315
9 Testing Code 349
10 Refactoring Code 379
11 Debugging Code 407
12 Deploying Code 467
Part IV Extending Visual Studio
13 Introducing the Object Automation Model 489
14 Writing Add-Ins and Wizards 545
15 Extending the Code Editor Using Managed Extensibility Framework 599
Part V Creating Enterprise Applications
16 Creating ASP.NET Form-Based Applications 623
17 Building Web Sites with Razor and ASP.NET MVC 725
18 Building Windows Forms Applications 757
19 Creating Richer, Smarter User Interfaces 793
20 Working with Databases 839
21 Service-Oriented Applications 911
22 Embedding Workflow in Your Applications 945
23 Developing Office Business Applications 1013
24 Developing Applications in the Cloud with Windows Azure 1039
25 Writing Windows Store Applications Using the Windows Runtime Library 1071