Operating Systems, Server
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Internals
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 982
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-5855-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-5855-4
Dive deep inside the architecture of SQL Server 2012
Explore the core engine of Microsoft SQL Server 2012—and put that practical knowledge to work. Led by a team of SQL Server experts, you’ll learn the skills you need to exploit key architectural features. Go behind the scenes to understand internal operations for creating, expanding, shrinking, and moving databases—whether you’re a database developer, architect, or administrator.
Discover how to:
- Dig into SQL Server 2012 architecture and configuration
- Use the right recovery model and control transaction logging
- Reduce query execution time through proper index design
- Track events, from triggers to the Extended Event Engine
- Examine internal structures with database console commands
- Transcend row-size limitations with special storage capabilities
- Choose the right transaction isolation level and concurrency model
- Take control over query plan caching and reuse
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: SQL Server 2012 architecture and configuration
- Chapter 2: The SQLOS
- Chapter 3: Databases and database files
- Chapter 4: Special databases
- Chapter 5: Logging and recovery
- Chapter 6: Table storage
- Chapter 7: Indexes: internals and management
- Chapter 8: Special storage
- Chapter 9: Special indexes
- Chapter 10: Query execution
- Chapter 11: The Query Optimizer
- Chapter 12: Plan caching and recompilation
- Chapter 13: Transactions and concurrency
- Chapter 14: DBCC internals
- About the authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase