Microsoft SQL Server 2012 High-Performance T-SQL Using Window Functions
- Your Price: $23.99
- List Price: $29.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 244
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-5835-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-5835-6
Apply powerful window functions in T-SQL—and increase the performance and speed of your queries
Optimize your queries—and obtain simple and elegant solutions to a variety of problems—using window functions in Transact-SQL. Led by T-SQL expert Itzik Ben-Gan, you’ll learn how to apply calculations against sets of rows in a flexible, clear, and efficient manner. Ideal whether you’re a database administrator or developer, this practical guide demonstrates ways to use more than a dozen T-SQL querying solutions to address common business tasks.
Discover how to:
- Go beyond traditional query approaches to express set calculations more efficiently
- Delve into ordered set functions such as rank, distribution, and offset
- Implement hypothetical set and inverse distribution functions in standard SQL
- Use strategies for improving sequencing, paging, filtering, and pivoting
- Increase query speed using partitioning, ordering, and coverage indexing
- Apply new optimization iterators such as Window Spool
- Handle common issues such as running totals, intervals, medians, and gaps
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: SQL Windowing
- Chapter 2: A Detailed Look at Window Functions
- Chapter 3: Ordered Set Functions
- Chapter 4: Optimization of Window Functions
- Chapter 5: T-SQL Solutions Using Window Functions
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase