This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Conquer Microsoft Office 365 Administration–from the inside out!
Dive into Microsoft Office 365 Administration–and really put your Office 365 expertise to work. This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, tips, and workarounds–all you need to plan, implement, and operate Microsoft Office 365 in any environment. In this completely revamped Second Edition, a new author team thoroughly reviews the administration tools and capabilities available in the latest versions of Microsoft Office 365, and also adds extensive new coverage of Azure cloud services and SharePoint. Discover how experts tackle today’s essential tasks–and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
• Install, customize, and use Office 365’s portal, dashboard, and admin centers
• Make optimal decisions about tenancy, licensing, infrastructure, and hybrid options
• Prepare your environment for the cloud
• Manage Office 365 identity and access via federation services, password and directory synchronization, authentication, and AAD Connect
• Implement alerts and threat management in the Security & Compliance Center
• Establish Office 365 data classifications, loss prevention plans, and governance
• Prepare your on-premises environment to connect with Exchange Online
• Manage resource types, billing and licensing, service health reporting, and support
• Move mailboxes to Exchange Online via cutover, staged, and express migrations
• Establish hybrid environments with the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard
• Administer Exchange Online, from recipients and transport to malware filtering
• Understand, plan, and deploy Skype for Business Online
Current Book Service
In addition, this book is part of the Current Book Service from Microsoft Press. Books in this program receive periodic updates to address significant software changes for 12 to 18 months following the original publication date via a free Web Edition. Learn more at https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/cbs.
PART I Planning, Preparing and Deploying Office 365
CHAPTER 1 Office 365 deployment milestones
CHAPTER 2 Preparing your environment for the cloud
PART II Office 365 Identity and Access
CHAPTER 3 Federation services and authentication
CHAPTER 4 Directory synchronization basics
CHAPTER 5 Installing Azure AD Connect
PART III Inside the Office 365 Admin Portal
CHAPTER 6 The Office 365 portal, dashboard, and admin centers
CHAPTER 7 Inside the Security & Compliance Center: Alerting, threat management, and reporting
CHAPTER 8 Inside the Security & Compliance Center: Data classifications, loss prevention, governance, and discovery
CHAPTER 9 Office 365 service health reporting and support
PART IV Exchange Online Configuration and Management
CHAPTER 10 Preparing an on-premises environment to connect to Exchange Online
CHAPTER 11 Understanding the Office 365 resource types
CHAPTER 12 Mailbox Migration Types
CHAPTER 13 Exchange Online hybrid
CHAPTER 14 Managing Exchange Online
PART V Skype for Business Online
CHAPTER 15 Skype for Business Online Concepts and Planning
CHAPTER 16 Deploying and administering Skype for Business Online
PART VI SharePoint Online
CHAPTER 17 SharePoint Online
CHAPTER 18 SharePoint Online Hybrid
CHAPTER 19 OneDrive for Business
CHAPTER 20 Yammer