CELEBRATE EARTH WEEK
Save 70% on video training and simulators now through April 27*—use code EARTH. Shop now.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Expert Paul McFedries helps you master key Excel 2019 and Office 365 tools for building more powerful spreadsheets.
Use Excel 2019 and Office 365 core features to build spreadsheets that solve business problems and deliver reliable answers. Drawing on his unsurpassed experience, Paul McFedries helps you make the most of formulas and functions, including the latest improvements to arrays, formula error handling, and statistics. McFedries’ step-by-step projects walk you through handling key tasks, from building timesheets to projecting cash flow and aging receivables. His practical examples and clear instructions demystify intermediate- to advanced-level formula construction, and help you leverage Excel’s most useful functions in your everyday work. Becoming an Excel expert has never been easier!
By reading this book, you will:
• Improve business analyses by adding intelligence and knowledge to your models
• Replace cumbersome formulas with convenient predefined functions
• Radically simplify complex calculations with Office 365’s new dynamic arrays
• Use conditional formatting to reveal anomalies, problems, or opportunities
• Calculate loan payments, interest costs, terms, and amortization schedules
• Project the future value of investments, and plan to achieve investment goals
• Master essential discounting and cash-flow analysis tools, including net present value and internal rate of return
• Sort, filter, and analyze tabular data, from customers to inventory
• Easily analyze huge data sets with PivotTable calculations
About This Book
• For everyone who wants to get more done with Microsoft Excel in less time• For business and financial professionals, entrepreneurs, students, and others who need to efficiently manage and analyze data
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files.
Part I—Mastering Excel formulas
Chapter 1—Building basic formulas
Chapter 2—Creating advanced formulas
Chapter 3—Troubleshooting formulas
Part II—Harnessing the power of functions
Chapter 4—Understanding functions
Chapter 5—Working with text functions
Chapter 6—Working with logical and information functions
Chapter 7—Working with lookup functions
Chapter 8—Working with date and time functions
Chapter 9—Working with math functions
Part III—Building business formulas
Chapter 10—Implementing basic business formulas
Chapter 11—Building descriptive statistical formulas
Chapter 12—Building inferential statistical formulas
Chapter 13—Applying regression to track trends and make forecasts
Chapter 14—Building loan formulas
Chapter 15—Working with investment formulas
Chapter 16—Building discount formulas
Part IV—Building business models
Chapter 17—Analyzing data with tables
Chapter 18—Analyzing data with PivotTables
Chapter 19—Using Excel's business modeling toolsChapter 20—Solving complex problems with Solver