Microsoft ADO.NET Entity Framework Step by Step
- Your Price: $25.59
- List Price: $31.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2014
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 448
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6415-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6415-9
Your hands-on guide to Entity Framework fundamentals
Expand your expertise—and teach yourself the fundamentals of the Microsoft ADO.NET Entity Framework 5. If you have previous programming experience but are new to the Entity Framework, this tutorial delivers the step-by-step guidance and coding exercises you need to master core topics and techniques.
Discover how to:
- Access data in a managed way—using minimal code
- Apply three workflows supported by the Entity Framework
- Perform essential tasks with full automation in place
- Manipulate data with both LINQ and Entity SQL
- Create examples that rely on Table-Valued Functions
- Determine the remedies for Entity-specific exceptions
- Explore the use of optimistic and pessimistic concurrency
- Define mappings between your applications and data sources
Table of Contents
- Introducing the Entity Framework
- Chapter 1: Getting to know the Entity Framework
- Chapter 2: Looking more closely at queries
- Chapter 3: Choosing a workflow
- Completing basic tasks
- Chapter 4: Generating and using objects
- Chapter 5: Performing essential tasks
- Manipulating data using the Entity Framework
- Chapter 6: Manipulating data using LINQ
- Chapter 7: Manipulating data using Entity SQL
- Chapter 8: Interaction with stored procedures
- Chapter 9: Interaction with views
- Chapter 10: Interaction with Table-Valued Functions
- Overcoming entity errors
- Chapter 11: Dealing with exceptions
- Chapter 12: Overcoming concurrency issues
- Chapter 13: Handling performance problems
- Advanced management techniques
- Chapter 14: Creating custom entities
- Chapter 15: Mapping data types to properties
- Chapter 16: Performing advanced management tasks
- About the Author
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase