Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders
Best Value Purchase
Book + eBook Bundle
- Your Price: $53.99
- List Price: $89.98
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- About Watermarked eBooks
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 464
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-71247-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-71247-9
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-71904-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-71904-1
In many organizations, management is the biggest obstacle to successful Agile development. Unfortunately, reliable guidance on Agile management has been scarce indeed. Now, leading Agile manager Jurgen Appelo fills that gap, introducing a realistic approach to leading, managing, and growing your Agile team or organization.
Writing for current managers and developers moving into management, Appelo shares insights that are grounded in modern complex systems theory, reflecting the intense complexity of modern software development. Appelo’s Management 3.0 model recognizes that today’s organizations are living, networked systems; and that management is primarily about people and relationships.
Management 3.0 doesn’t offer mere checklists or prescriptions to follow slavishly; rather, it deepens your understanding of how organizations and Agile teams work and gives you tools to solve your own problems. Drawing on his extensive experience as an Agile manager, the author identifies the most important practices of Agile management and helps you improve each of them.
• Getting beyond “Management 1.0” control and “Management 2.0” fads
• Understanding how complexity affects your organization
• Keeping your people active, creative, innovative, and motivated
• Giving teams the care and authority they need to grow on their own
• Defining boundaries so teams can succeed in alignment with business goals
• Sowing the seeds for a culture of software craftsmanship
• Crafting an organizational network that promotes success
• Implementing continuous improvement that actually works
Thoroughly pragmatic–and never trendy–Jurgen Appelo’s Management 3.0 helps you bring greater agility to any software organization, team, or project.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Lean Mindset, The: Ask the Right Questions
- Book $31.99