Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Learning iPad Programming: A Hands-on Guide to Building iPad Apps with iOS 5
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 792
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-75040-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75040-2
Learning iPad Programming walks you through the process of building PhotoWheel (free on the App Store), a photo management and sharing app that leverages every aspect of iOS 5. With PhotoWheel, you can organize your favorite photos into albums, share photos with family and friends, view them on your TV using AirPlay and an Apple TV, and most importantly, gain hands-on experience with building an iPad app. As you build PhotoWheel, you’ll learn how to take advantage of the latest features in iOS 5 and Xcode, including Storyboarding, Automatic Reference Counting (ARC), and iCloud. Best of all, you’ll learn how to extend the boundaries of your app by communicating with web services. If you want to build apps for the iPad, Learning iPad Programming is the one book to get.
As you build PhotoWheel, you’ll learn how to
- Install and configure Xcode 4.2 on your Mac
- Master the basics of Objective-C, and learn about memory management with ARC
- Build a fully functional app that uses Core Data and iCloud for photo sharing and synchronization
- Use Xcode’s new Storyboard feature to quickly prototype a functional UI, and then extend that UI with code
- Create multitouch gestures and integrate Core Animation for a unique UI experience
- Build custom views, and use view controllers to perform custom view transitions
- Add AirPrint, email, and AirPlay capabilities to your app
- Apply image filters and effects using Core Image Diagnose and fix bugs with Instruments Prepare your app for submission to the app store
Download the free version of PhotoWheel from the App Store today! Share your photos with friends and upload to iCloud, all while learning how to build the app.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Sams Teach Yourself Objective-C in 24 Hours, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 4th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99
- iOS UICollectionView: The Complete Guide, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.99