Learning iPad Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building iPad Apps, Rough Cuts, 2nd Edition
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 816
- Edition: 2nd
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-313869-0
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-313869-6
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
“Not many books have a single project that lives and evolves through the entire narrative. The reason not many books do this is because it is difficult to do well. Important toolkit features get shoehorned in weird places because the author didn’t do enough up-front design time. This book, though, takes you from design, to a prototype, to the Real Deal. And then it goes further.”
—Mark Dalrymple, cofounder of CocoaHeads, the international Mac and iPhone programmer community; author of Advanced Mac OS X Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide
Learning iPad Programming, Second Edition, will help you master all facets of iPad programming with Apple’s newest tools. Its in-depth, hands-on coverage fully addresses the entire development process, from installing the iOS SDK through coding, debugging, submitting apps for Apple’s review, and deployment.
Extensively updated for Apple’s newest iOS features and Xcode 4.x updates, this book teaches iPad programming through a series of exercises centered on building PhotoWheel, a powerful personal photo library app. As you build PhotoWheel, you’ll gain experience and real-world insights that will help you succeed with any iPad development project.
Leading iOS developers Kirby Turner and Tom Harrington introduce the essentials of iOS development, focusing on features that are specific to iPad. You’ll find expert coverage of key topics many iOS development books ignore, from app design to Core Data. You’ll also learn to make the most of crucial iOS and Xcode features, such as Storyboarding and Automatic Reference Counting (ARC), and extend your app with web services and the latest iCloud synching techniques.
Learn how to
- Build a fully functional app that uses Core Data and iCloud synching
- Use Storyboarding to quickly prototype a functional UI and then extend it with code
- Create powerful visual effects with Core Animation and Core Image
- Support AirPrint printing and AirPlay slideshows
- Build collection views and custom views, and use custom segues to perform custom view transitions
Download the free version of PhotoWheel from the App Store today! Import, manage, and share your photos as you learn how to build this powerful app.
Other Things You Might Like
- Core iOS Developer's Cookbook, The, 5th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79
- Sams Teach Yourself Objective-C in 24 Hours, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- iOS Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 4th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99