Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-278085-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278085-8
When you master Joomla! programming, you can customize websites in ways that simply aren’t possible by tweaking parameters or installing someone else’s extensions. Now, there’s an authoritative, “soup-to-nuts” programming guide for every Joomla! user: from beginners with no Joomla! development experience to long-time coders seeking a quick start with Joomla!’s powerful new versions, 1.6, 1.7, and 2.5.
Joomla!™ Programming presents proven best practices for getting the job done right. Written by Mark Dexter and Joomla! design architect Louis Landry (who wrote much of the new Joomla! framework), the text is packed with detailed examples and sample code, in-depth reference-style explanations available nowhere else, and fascinating sidebars revealing why Joomla! works the way it does.
Both a tutorial and reference, this title brings together step-by-step instructions for everything from simple tasks (such as template overrides) to cutting-edge techniques involving components, MVC, and the Joomla! framework. You’ll learn how to
- View Joomla! from a programmer’s perspective
- Extend Joomla! with layout overrides, plugins, and modules
- Take full advantage of Joomla!’s improved new MVC implementation
- Build front-end and back-end components, from start to finish
- Secure your websites with Joomla!’s powerful, flexible new Access Control Lists
- Work with databases and use the new JDatabaseQuery to write complex queries
- Develop custom category structures for your own websites and extensions
- Enable one-click updates for your own custom extensions
- Use the Joomla! platform as an application framework
All example code, updates, and more information on Joomla! programming are available at the companion website, joomlaprogrammingbook.com.
Buy Together and Save
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.