Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Java™ and JMX: Building Manageable Systems
- Your Price: $43.99
- List Price: $54.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-672-32408-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-672-32408-6
Java is now used with increasing frequency to develop mission-critical applications. Using Java Management Extensions (JMX) is the key to managing those applications. As JMX is increasingly accepted into the fields of embedded systems, enterprise systems, and telephony, it is clear that all Java developers will encounter JMX before long.
Java and JMX: Building Manageable Systems is the definitive guide to JMX, combining an introduction to the technology with extensive coverage that will make this book a favorite reference. Much more than just an explanation of the JMX specifications, this book can drastically reduce a reader's JMX learning curve by explaining how to develop management requirements and apply JMX to them. The book's coverage includes:
- A management primer for Java programmers and architects
- A historical perspective on the evolution of JMX and its relation to other management standards, including SNMP, CIM/WBEM, TMN, and CMIP
- Development of JMX Manageable Resources with Standard and Dynamic MBeans
- Development with Model MBeans as customizable generic instrumentation using both the JMX APIs and XML files
- MBeanServer, including the MBean registry and object naming scheme, the generic MBean interface, and the query mechanism
- JMX Monitors and Notifications
- MBeanServer Services including the timer, relationship, and dynamic loading, along with custom services for XML services, HTTP adapters, RMI connectors, and security exposures and permissions
- JMX best practices, including deployment patterns, instrumentation patterns, federation patterns, and best practices
- JMX integration into J2EE and the JSR077 management models in J2EE 1.4
- Using JMX to manage Web services from the perspective of service providers, registry providers, and users
Written with an unparalleled degree of in-the-trenches familiarity and full of practical examples and working sample code, Java and JMX is a must-have introduction, technological guide, and reference for Java architects and developers.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient
- Book $31.99