Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
iOS UICollectionView: The Complete Guide
- Your Price: $19.99
- List Price: $24.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Pages: 176
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-341094-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-341094-5
iOS UICollectionView: The Complete Guide teaches you everything you need to know to to take advantage of Apple's new user interface, UICollectionView. UICollectionView is a content- and layout-agnostic tool that developers can use to display content in applications. User interfaces created with collection views are some of the most immersive and distinctive interfaces in iOS applications. But to get the most out of UICollectionView, developers need to understand its complexity. Author and iOS developer Ash Furrow shows you how to leverage this amazing tool to create intuitive, immersive experiences within your own applications. In this book he provides a wide variety of examples and sample code in each chapter, all of which can be downloaded at http://ashfurrow.com/uicollectionview-the-complete-guide. Coverage includes
- A brief introduction to the Model View Controller paradigm, which is used throughout the book
- How to set up UICollectionView, using .xib files and Storyboards
- The basics of cell use
- Contextualizing content through the use of supplementary views
- An exploration of the ICollectionViewDataSource and UICollectionViewDelegate protocols
- Subclassing flow layouts and subclassing UICollectionViewLayout directly to create a wide variety of custom layouts
- Adding interactivity to layouts, primarily through the use of gesture recognizers
Approximately 176 pages.For more on developing iOS applications, see The Core iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook, and The Advanced iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Learning Android Application Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building Android Applications
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59
- Bluetooth Low Energy: The Developer's Handbook
- Book $43.99
- Bluetooth low energy: The Developer's Handbook
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.19