Software Development & Management
Inside Windows Debugging
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6276-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6276-6
Use Windows debuggers throughout the development cycle—and build better software
Rethink your use of Windows debugging and tracing tools—and learn how to make them a key part of test-driven software development. Led by a member of the Windows Fundamentals Team at Microsoft, you’ll apply expert debugging and tracing techniques—and sharpen your C++ and C# code analysis skills—through practical examples and common scenarios. Learn why experienced developers use debuggers in every step of the development process, and not just when bugs appear.
Discover how to:
- Go behind the scenes to examine how powerful Windows debuggers work
- Catch bugs early in the development cycle with static and runtime analysis tools
- Gain practical strategies to tackle the most common code defects
- Apply expert tricks to handle user-mode and kernel-mode debugging tasks
- Implement postmortem techniques such as JIT and dump debugging
- Debug the concurrency and security aspects of your software
- Use debuggers to analyze interactions between your code and the operating system
- Analyze software behavior with Xperf and the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) framework
Table of Contents
- Part 1: A Bit of Background
- Chapter 1: Software Development in Windows
- Part 2: Debugging for Fun and Profit
- Chapter 2: Getting Started
- Chapter 3: How Windows Debuggers Work
- Chapter 4: Postmortem Debugging
- Chapter 5: Beyond the Basics
- Chapter 6: Code Analysis Tools
- Chapter 7: Expert Debugging Tricks
- Chapter 8: Common Debugging Scenarios, Part 1
- Chapter 9: Common Debugging Scenarios, Part 2
- Chapter 10: Debugging System Internals
- Part 3: Observing and Analyzing Software Behavior
- Chapter 11: Introducing Xperf
- Chapter 12: Inside ETW
- Chapter 13: Common Tracing Scenarios
- WinDbg User-Mode Debugging Quick Start
- WinDbg Kernel-Mode Debugging Quick Start
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase