Inside the Microsoft Build Engine: Using MSBuild and Team Foundation Build, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 624
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-4525-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-4525-7
As software complexity increases, proper build practices become ever more important. This essential reference—fully updated for Visual Studio 2010—drills inside MSBuild and shows you how to maximize your control over the build and deployment process. Learn how to customize and extend build processes with MSBuild—and scale them to the team, product, or enterprise level with Team Foundation Build.
Table of Contents
- Praise for: Inside the Microsoft Build Engine: Using MSBuild and Team Foundation Build, Second Edition
- Chapter 1: MSBuild Quick Start
- Chapter 2: MSBuild Deep Dive, Part 1
- Chapter 3: MSBuild Deep Dive, Part 2
- Customizing MSBuild
- Chapter 4: Custom Tasks
- Chapter 5: Custom Loggers
- Advanced MSBuild Topics
- Chapter 6: Batching and Incremental Builds
- Chapter 7: External Tools
- MSBuild Cookbook
- Chapter 8: Practical Applications, Part 1
- Chapter 9: Practical Applications, Part 2
- MSBuild in Visual C++ 2010
- Chapter 10: MSBuild in Visual C++ 2010, Part 1
- Chapter 11: MSBuild in Visual C++ 2010, Part 2
- Chapter 12: Extending Visual C++ 2010
- Team Foundation Build
- Chapter 13: Team Build Quick Start
- Chapter 14: Team Build Deep Dive
- Chapter 15: Workflow Foundation Quick Start
- Chapter 16: Process Template Customization
- Web Development Tool
- Chapter 17: Web Deployment Tool, Part 1
- Chapter 18: Web Deployment Tool, Part 2
- Chapter 19: Web Deployment Tool Practical Applications
- New Features in MSBuild 4.0
- Building Large Source Trees
- Upgrading from Team Foundation Build 2008
- About the Author
- Best Practices for Software Engineering
- Collaborative Technologies-Resources for Developers
- For C# Developers
- For Visual Basic Developers
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase