Operating Systems, Server
Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2008 T-SQL Querying
- Your Price: $31.99
- List Price: $39.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 832
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3050-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3050-5
Tackle the toughest set-based querying and query tuning problems—guided by an author team with in-depth, inside knowledge of T-SQL. Deepen your understanding of architecture and internals—and gain practical approaches and advanced techniques to optimize your code’s performance.
Discover how to:
- Move from procedural programming to the language of sets and logic
- Optimize query tuning with a top-down methodology
- Assess algorithmic complexity to predict performance
- Compare data-aggregation techniques, including new grouping sets
- Manage data modification—insert, delete, update, merge—for performance
- Write more efficient queries against partitioned tables
- Work with graphs, trees, hierarchies, and recursive queries
- Plus—Use pure-logic puzzles to sharpen your problem-solving skills
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Logical Query Processing
- Chapter 2: Set Theory and Predicate Logic
- Chapter 3: The Relational Model
- Chapter 4: Query Tuning
- Chapter 5: Algorithms and Complexity
- Chapter 6: Subqueries, Table Expressions, and Ranking Functions
- Chapter 7: Joins and Set Operations
- Chapter 8: Aggregating and Pivoting Data
- Chapter 9: TOP and APPLY
- Chapter 10: Data Modification
- Chapter 11: Querying Partitioned Tables
- Chapter 12: Graphs, Trees, Hierarchies, and Recursive Queries
- Appendix A: Logic Puzzles
- About the Authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase